25 May 2023
HK45 Arbitration Supper Club is becoming a regular fixture on the HK45 calendar – a leading arbitrator, eight lawyers and a representative of HKIAC sit down for an informal dinner and informative discussion of arbitration issues (and anything else that comes up). For a less inhibited discussion, Chatham House rules apply and except for the arbitrator, attendees must be less than 10 PQE (no partners).
- Geoffrey Ma Tao-li GBM KC SC (2 September 2022) at Buenos Aires Polo Club, sponsored by Kirkland & Ellis.
- Justice Coleman (19 August 2022) at Buenos Aires Polo Club, sponsored by the Burford Capital.
- Justice Mimmie Chan (8 July 2022) at Duddells, sponsored by Berkeley Research Group.
- Justice Beverley McLachlin (3 December 2019) at the Buenos Aires Polo Club, sponsored by the Berkeley Research Group
- Albert Jan van den Berg and Julian D M Lew QC (14 February 2019) at China Tang, sponsored by Herbert Smith Freehills
- Judith Gill QC and Jackie van Haersolte-van Hof (15 January 2019) at Carbone, sponsored by Allen & Overy
- Charles Manzoni SC (6 September 2017) at the Royal Yacht Club, sponsored by Woodsford Litigation Funding
- Meg Kinnear (23 June 2017) at the China Club, sponsored by Shearman and Sterling
- Christopher Moger QC (26 October 2016) at Lawry's the Prime Rib, sponsored by Bird and Bird
- Gavin Denton and Nicolas Wiegand (7 October 2016) at the American Club, sponsored by Arbitration Chambers HK and CMS Law
- Susan Dunn (12 April 2016) at Isono, PMQ, sponsored by Harbour Litigation Funding
- Karyl Nairn QC (1 March 2016) at Kee Club, sponsored by Skadden Arps
- Constantine Partasides (23 February 2016) at Dot Cod Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar, sponsored by Alvarez & Marsal
- Lucy Reed & Sir Bernard Eder (17 January 2016) at Cuisine Cuisine, sponsored by FTI Consulting
- David Caron (8 December 2015) at the China Club, sponsored by the Berkeley Research Group
- Laurence Collins (19 November 2015) at Lupa, sponsored by Herbert Smith Freehills
- Summer Edition: Supper at Home with Chiann Bao (15 August 2015), sponsored by HKIAC
- Neil Kaplan CBE QC SBS (10 June 2015) at Nicholini's at the Conrad Hotel, sponsored by Allen & Overy
- Doug Jones AO (17 March 2015) at Carbone, sponsored by Jones Day
- Gavan Griffith AO QC (27 January 2015) at Kee Club, sponsored by Skadden Arps
- Lord Hoffmann (4 December 2014) at St Betty Kitchen, sponsored by Quinn Emanuel
- L. Yves Fortier QC (19 November 2014) at the American Club, sponsored by Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- James Spigelman AC QC (24 October 2014) at the China Club, sponsored by Linklaters
- Teresa Cheng SC (23 September 2014) at Blue Butcher, sponsored by Herbert Smith Freehills
For more information or to sponsor a future Arbitration Supper Club, please contact a member of the HK45 Committee - details can be found here.