HKIAC has Completed a PSDAS Project for Strengthening Hong Kong’s Status as an Ideal Venue for Arbitrating China Outbound Investment Disputes
30 October 2015
- The PSDAS Fund
The Professional Services Development Assistance Scheme (PSDAS) is established by a Government allocation of HK$100 million to provide financial support for projects which:
- Aim at increasing the competitiveness of Hong Kong’s professional service sector as a whole, or of individual sectors, in external markets including the Mainland market; and/or
- Seek to enhance the standard of professional services in Hong Kong.
- Overview of the Project
The project aims to strengthen Hong Kong’s competitiveness as an ideal venue for arbitrating international disputes concerning Mainland China outbound investments by conducting different promotional activities in Latin America and Europe.
- Primary Objectives
- To strengthen Hong Kong’s competitiveness as an ideal venue for resolving international Mainland China outbound investment disputes, in particular by developing and enhancing the awareness among the business and legal community about the advantages of international arbitration in Hong Kong.
- To focus on certain industries, including construction, banking and natural resources and deepen the understanding of arbitration in Hong Kong by professionals of the targeted industries, in order to (i) promote tailored services and (ii) encourage use of arbitration services in Hong Kong.
- To promote the Hong Kong Arbitration Ordinance and the HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules to the business and legal community in the China’s key outbound investment countries in Latin America and Europe.
- Project Title
- Strengthening Hong Kong’s Status as an Ideal Venue for Arbitrating China Outbound Investment Disputes
- Duration of Project
- Jan 2013 - Apr 2015
- Project Deliverables
- Courtesy visits to 15 companies or chambers of commerce in Latin America and Europe;
- Courtesy visits to 25 major law firms specialising in international arbitration services in Latin America and Europe;
- 15 Joint-overseas presentations with law firms;
- Participation in exhibitions of 5 major conferences or seminars
- Participation in 2 international conferences on arbitration
- Primary Objectives
Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
Tel: (852) 2525 2381
Fax: (852) 2524 2171