15 Jun 2023
HKIAC Panel Listing Requirements for Adjudicators
An adjudicator who wishes to be considered for inclusion on HKIAC’s Panel of Adjudicators must demonstrate to the HKIAC Appointments Committee the following:
- Substantial adjudication/arbitration experience as adjudicator/arbitrator;
- Satisfactory completion of the adjudicator training assessment course offered by CIArb (EAB) or an equivalent provider;
- A substantial connection with East Asia;
- Not have been found guilty by a Court or disciplinary tribunal of misconduct which in the opinion of HKIAC calls into question his or her ability to act as adjudicator;
- Be under 75 years of age.
- Substantial Adjudication Experience: A Hong Kong resident candidate can qualify to join the Panel of Adjudicators on the basis of having acted as adjudicator on domestic or international cases. A non-Hong Kong resident candidate can qualify to join the Panel of Adjudicators on the basis of having acted as adjudicator on international cases.
- Non-Hong Kong resident candidates may need not attend a course if they are able to demonstrate that they have attended a similar course elsewhere and they are fully conversant with HKIAC Adjudication Rules.
- References may be requested at the discretion of HKIAC Appointments Committee.
- For further details, please refer to the application Form.
- HKIAC reserves the right to include on the panel the names of adjudicators who, although not fully satisfying the above criteria 1, 2 and 3 above, do have language skills, technical skills or particular expertise not otherwise available.
- Membership of the Panel is for a period of three years, ending on 31 December of the third year.