HKMC is running HKMAAL-accredited 40hr General Mediation Training Courses in June and August 2022:
Cantonese course : 12, 18, 19, 25 & 26 June 2022
English course : 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28 August 2022
For more information and registration, please click here
Please contact the HKMC Secretariat (Tel: 2525 2381, Email: email@example.com) if you are interested in the upoming Training Courses listed above.
Origins of the Council
The Hong Kong Mediation Council (HKMC) was set up within the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) in January 1994 to promote the development and use of mediation as a method of resolving disputes. The HKMC is a division of the HKIAC and was previously known as the Mediation Interest Group.
What are our aims?
The Hong Kong Mediation Council is committed to:
- promoting the development and use of mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- encouraging collaboration amongst its members and with similar institutions or professional bodies
- facilitating exchange of information and ideas in relation to mediation and other forms of ADR
- training mediators and educating users
What are our activities?
- holding seminars and meetings on various aspects of mediation and other forms of ADR
- publishing newsletters
- co-ordinating the development of mediation through its various interest-groups, (commercial, construction, general, family sector)
Structure of the Council
The Council is run by a committee responsible for coordinating activities and promoting the use of mediation in a wide variety of areas. In addition, there are mediation interest groups concentrating their mediation activities in specialist areas.
Hong Kong Mediation Council Committee Members (session 2021-2022)
|SIU Winston||Immediate Past Chairman|
|MA So So Josephine||Vice-Chairman|
|LAI Jacky||Honorary Secretary|
|LAM Wilson||Honorary Treasurer|
|LUK David||Committee Member|
|SUM Ronald||Committee Member|
|CHAN Ho Ting Mac||Committee Member|
|HO Thomas||Committee Member|
|HO Chun Kit Patrick||Committee Member|
|LAU Martin||Committee Member|
|LAW Sara||Committee Member|
|MA David||Committee Member|
Chairpersons of the Mediation Interest Groups
The Hong Kong Mediation Council has active mediation interest groups in the areas of:
|Commercial Mediation||LAM Wilson & David Luk|
|Construction Mediation||HO Thomas|
|Family Mediation||MA So So Josephine & LAU Martin|
|General Mediation||To be confirmed|
To find out more information about the activities of the various mediation interest groups, please contact the Chairpersons of the various interest groups by email firstname.lastname@example.org.