The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre is recruiting a Managing Counsel to join the Secretariat in Hong Kong.
The successful applicant should possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in law and admission in at least one jurisdiction;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in international arbitration (experience in an international law firm or at another international arbitral institution well-regarded);
- Native level written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin) would be highly regarded;
- Excellent legal analysis, drafting skills, and attention to detail;
- Strong team management experience;
- A pro-active, highly responsible and problem-solving work ethic.
The individual’s main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing the arbitration team’s administration of arbitrations under HKIAC’s auspices (including domestic and international arbitrations and commercial and treaty-based disputes);
- Assisting in the management of other dispute resolution work at HKIAC including, but not limited to, mediation, adjudication, and domain name dispute resolution;
- Representing HKIAC and promoting its services through, inter alia, public speaking engagements;
- Meetings with stakeholders (including government representatives, corporate counsel, practitioners and academia);
- Advising the Secretary-General and HKIAC’s Standing Committees on HKIAC policy and practice;
- Identifying, developing and leading new HKIAC initiatives, special projects and policies;
- Acting as tribunal secretary in cases conducted under HKIAC’s auspices upon the approval of the Secretary-General;
- Publishing articles and other materials on topics relevant to HKIAC and/or international dispute resolution.
Please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae to Debbie Chong at email@example.com.