We are over-subscribed for this event. Please email email@example.com to be put on the waiting list.
HKIAC is pleased to co-organise a seminair wth Silicon Valley Arbitration & Mediation Centre (SVAMC). Intellectual property (IP) is central to today’s knowledge economy, but rising disputes can interfere with the effective exploitation and protection of IP rights. Although IP disputes are traditionally resolved through court litigation, businesses have increasingly turned to mediation, arbitration or other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures, especially in cross border settings. The Arbitration (Amendment) Bill 2016 clarifying the arbitrability of IP disputes, solidifies Hong Kong’s position as a leading jurisdiction for resolving cross-border IP disputes. US and Hong Kong IP experts will share their views on resolving cross-border IP and technology disputes using ADR.
- The complexities of litigation in US courts
- The types of IP disputes going to ADR
- How different arbitral institutions handle technology disputes
- Practical tips on dealing with technology disputes
- Gary Benton, Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center
- Karen Law, Lan Kwai Fong Group
- Charmaine Koo, Deacons
- Les Schiefelbein, Schiefelbein Global Dispute Resolution
- Carrie Shang, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
Please click here to see the flyer