Dot Trademark TLD Holding Company Limited collaborates with Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) to jointly organize an IP seminar “Innovation in Protecting and Applying Trademark Rights Online” on April 26 (Wednesday) to celebrate the World Intellectual Property Day.
In the new era of the Internet, intellectual property rights are important to brand owners as it can protect their ideas, products and trade secrets. The seminar focuses on the current and future trends on trademark rights protection and dispute resolution mechanism in global domain name system.
Featuring 2 interactive panel sessions, speakers from different jurisdictions will address the common IP issues such as trademark and IP rights protection. New domain name trends in the Chinese market will also be discussed, including new gTLDs and future developments, providing participants an opportunity to obtain insights on recent IP rights protection trends as well as future IP outlook.
In the seminar, The DotTrademark Policy Committee, a newly established non-profit making organization, will announce its inception in Hong Kong. Renowned IP and domain name experts will discuss the Committee’s roles in protecting trademark rights online.
- The Concept of DotTrademark
- How does DotTrademark impact the development of trademark rights protection mechanisms in domain name and Internet industry
- Brand owners’ and practitioners’ views on domain name strategies in China
- Neil Brown, Queens Counsel, Arbitrator; Mediator in Private Practice; Australia
- Scott Donahey, Independent Arbitrator and Mediator, The Donahey Law Firm; United States
- Gabriela Kennedy, Partner, Mayer Brown JSM
- Dennis Cai , President of Policy and Compliance, Dot Trademark TLD Holding Company Limited; Hong Kong
- Carrie Shu Shang, ADR Legal Counsel, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre; Hong Kong
Venue: HKIAC, 38/F Two Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Hong Kong
Time: 3:15pm - 5:30pm (followed by cocktails)
For more information, please email email@example.com.