31 May 2018
Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Notice
Persons who supply data in their application to the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) are advised to note the following points pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Personal data provided in this application form will be used solely for the purpose of applying to be a member of the HKIAC Users’ Council, and in this connection the data herein will be dealt with by the HKIAC staff and/or by the HKIAC Council members.
- After an application for membership of the HKIAC Users’ Council has been duly processed, the application papers of the candidate/organisation will be retained in a ﬁle established by the HKIAC for each applicant. Such information will be retained by HKIAC for as long as it deems necessary or useful.
- Under the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, an applicant has the right to access to, and the correction of, his/her personal data as retained by the HKIAC. Applicants wishing to access or make corrections to their data should submit written requests to the Secretary General of the HKIAC.
- I have read and agreed to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Notice.
- I authorise the HKIAC, its staff, employees and/or members of the HKIAC Council to deal with, utilise and/or assess the data submitted by me as may be required in connection with my application for membership of the HKIAC Users’ Council
- I understand that my data will become part of the HKIAC’s ﬁles and may be used for all purposes deemed necessary or useful by the HKIAC.
- I declare that the information given in support of this application is accurate and complete. I understand that any misrepresentation will disqualify my application and may lead to revocation of my application for the HKIAC Users’ Council should my application be successful.
- Any information on this form may be made available by the HKIAC to third parties for the purposes of applying for membership of the HKIAC Users’ Council.