The HKIAC Panel of Emergency Arbitrators comprises members who have substantial experience as arbitrator and have confirmed their willingness to act as emergency arbitrator under Schedule 4 of the 2013 HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules.
An applicant who is not on HKIAC’s Panel or List of Arbitrators and wishes to be considered for inclusion on the Panel of Emergency Arbitrators must submit the following to email@example.com.
- Application Form;
- latest CV including the applicant’s experience as emergency arbitrator or arbitrator;
- at least two written references regarding the applicant’s experience as emergency arbitrator or arbitrator;
- copies of at least two sanitised emergency arbitrator decisions or arbitral awards* drafted by the applicant within the last five years;
- proposed hourly rate; and
- any other materials which the applicant wishes to submit to demonstrate his or her experience as emergency arbitrator or arbitrator.
In exceptional circumstances, HKIAC may waive the third and fourth requirements for eminent arbitrators or practitioners with substantial experience in arbitration.
An applicant, who is already on HKIAC’s Panel or List of Arbitrators and wishes to be considered for inclusion on the Panel of Emergency Arbitrators, may email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the application process.
All applications will be reviewed by the HKIAC Secretariat to ensure that they meet the application criteria. If the application satisfies the criteria, it will then be placed before the Appointments Committee for consideration.
Appointments Committee meetings are held on a quarterly basis. HKIAC will inform all applicants of the Appointments Committee’s decisions on their applications.
HKIAC has full discretion and reserves the right to admit or reject applications. HKIAC may also invite persons fulfilling areas of any particular requirement including, inter alia, nationality, place of residence, language ability and experience, to apply for the Panel of Emergency Arbitrators.
HKIAC’s decision of an application for the Panel of Emergency Arbitrators is final.
The panel membership is for a period of three years, ending on 31 December of the third year.
* Arbitral awards “drafted” by the applicant also includes those to which they have contributed as part of a three member arbitral tribunal.