Due to a significant increase in caseload this year, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre is recruiting an additional member of its arbitration team to assist with the administration of HKIAC’s international and domestic arbitrations. The role will be Counsel or Deputy Counsel depending on the experience level of the successful applicant. The successful applicant should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Advanced university degree in law;
- 3 - 5 years (or more) of professional experience within the legal industry in international dispute settlement (for a Counsel role);
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience within the legal industry in international dispute settlement (for a Deputy Counsel role);
- English and Mandarin written and oral language ability;
- Excellent legal analysis, drafting skills, and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills (an ability to prioritize work, reliably manage multiple commitments, and work autonomously);
- A pro-active, highly responsible and problem-solving work ethic;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to work effectively in a team setting;
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with other programs is also an advantage.
The individual’s main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Administering arbitrations under the HKIAC’s auspices (including under HKIAC’s 2013 Administered Arbitration Rules and all versions of the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules);
- Handling requests for HKIAC services in ad hoc or fund-holding matters;
- Handling arbitration-related queries by email or telephone;
- Assisting with the administration of HKIAC’s alternative dispute resolution work, i.e., mediation, domain name dispute resolution and adjudication;
- Assisting with the development of HKIAC practices, policy, and initiatives;
- Undertaking legal research on various topics in the field of international dispute settlement;
- Representing HKIAC at external meetings;
- Promoting the services of HKIAC through public speaking engagements;
- Assisting with the drafting and editing of HKIAC publications and website content;
- Performing market research (such as compiling company and industry data statistics) and analysis.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter in both English and Mandarin as well as their curriculum vitae to Ms. Natalie Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 June 2017. If you are not contacted by HKIAC within 10 days following this date, you may assume that your application has not been successful.